It’s that time of year – time to start looking for next year’s challenges! I came across The 2018 TBR Pile Challenge from Adam at Roof Beam Reader. With 720 books on my TBR as of the writing of this post, this challenge is right up my alley.
Here’s the details: Pick 12 books (plus 2 alternates) from your to-be-read (TBR) list to read in 2018. The books must have been on your list longer than 1 year, so they can’t have been published in 2017. As each book is read, write a review of the book and link it to your original post.
Here’s my list:
- The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (on my TBR since 2012)
- A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis (on my TBR since 2012) finished 16 Jan
- Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond (on my TBR since 2012)
- Gospel Wakefulness by Jared Wilson (on my TBR since 2012)
- Creed or Chaos? by Dorothy Sayers (on my TBR since 2012)
- The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester (on my TBR since 2013)
- Dumbing Us Down by John Gatto (on my TBR since 2013)
- The Deep Things of God by Fred Sanders (on my TBR since 2013)
- River Rising by Athol Dickson (on my TBR since 2013) finished 13 Feb
- Walking with God Through Pain and Suffering by Tim Keller (on my TBR since 2013)
- The Final Days of Jesus by Andreas Kostenberger (on my TBR since 2014) finished 31 July
- Running Scared by Ed Welch (on my TBR since 2014) finished 13 Sept